Materials and Tools:
- 18 gauge wire
- 20 gauge wire
- Transparent Red Glass Crow Beads from Happy Mango Beads
- Transparent Green Glass Crow Beads from Happy Mango Beads
- Transparent Cobalt Blue Glass Crow Beads from Happy Mango Beads
- Chain nose pliers (or you may find long needle nose pliers to be easier to use for this)
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Optional: Nylon or rawhide hammer and steel block
If you get a strand of each color of the crow beads I listed above, you’ll have plenty to make this and the Wire Wrapped Wreath Ornament as well, with plenty leftover to make more!
You can use the colors I have listed, or choose any colors of your choice of the Crow Beads.
At the first corner, place your chain nose or needle nose pliers and then bend the wire. You may find it easier to grasp the wire where the bend will go and then pick up the wire and pliers to make the actual bend.
Fix up the shape however you would like.
Hold the loop in chain nose pliers. Wrap the wire around in the same direction you started. Then wrap the other wire around. Keep your wraps tight and even.
Cut off any excess wire.
Make sure the tree is still in the shape you want it and make any adjustments.
You can probably get away with not doing this step since you’re using 18 gauge wire. To make it even harder and stronger use a nylon or rawhide hammer and lightly hammer the tree.
- Use all one color of crow beads.
- Make stripes.
- Use every other color.
- Bead around the edge of the tree (note, you’ll probably have to bead as you do the bends in the tree.
- Create your own hook using wire.
- Make the beaded wires diagonal instead of straight across.
Love this tutorial? Get the Christmas Tree Earring Tutorial free when you sign up for my email newsletter. (It’s located on the private tutorial page you get access to when you sign up!)