I have just gotten started painting and I’m loving it!
I most like mixing up materials and techniques. This piece is an example of that.
Here are what the layers are:
1. I used colored pencils to make all the little symbols on the bottom layers. From far away you don’t see the little images.
2. Next I used watercolor to do a wash over the colored pencil.
3. Then I made the flower. I used my Newspaper Flower Tutorial to make the flower.
I used watercolors to paint each layer of the flower before putting it together.
And I used a button in the middle.
4. Then I painted the stem and leaves with acrylic.
5. I added the flower to the painting by pushing the wire right through the canvas.
This was such a fun and simple project. I used what I had on hand. Try making your own unique piece with things you have around the house!
Let us know what you make! Leave a comment below.