I most like mixing up materials and techniques. This piece is an example of that.
Here are what the layers are:
1. I used colored pencils to make all the little symbols on the bottom layers. From far away you don’t see the little images.
2. Next I used watercolor to do a wash over the colored pencil.
3. Then I made the flower using newspaper. (Just make a flower pattern and just cut out a bunch until you have a fluffy flower.) Then use a button and craft wire to bring it all together.
4. Then I painted the stem and leaves with acrylic.
5. I added the flower to the painting by pushing the wire right through the canvas.
Get my free Quick Start Guide to Wire Wrapped Jewelry + my fun newsletter!
Here are the lessons that are included:
- Wire Safety
- Wire Temper
- Wire Gauge
- Where to get Wire (one of my most asked questions, answered!)
- Tools You Need to Get Started
- 3 Pro Tips
- Wire Wrapped Loop
- How to Make Bead Dangle
- How to Make Earring Wires
- How to Make Earrings
Sign up below: